|Fight or Flight|
|ENT, Episode 1x03|
Production number: 003
First aired: Before HDTV
| Written By|
|May 6, 2151|
The Enterprise finds an abandoned ship in their first week, filled with corpses which appear to have been used for an experiment. What do they do, what do they do?!
- Captain's starlog. May 6, 2151. So this is how this thing works...
- This episode is one of the few episodes – if not the only episode – to contain the melody from the series' main title "Faith of the Heart" in the episode score. Of course, nobody cares about the background music half the time so it doesn't matter.
- This is the first appearance of the Axanar, a species mentioned twice before on the original series "Court-Martial", "Whom Gods Destroy". They would be seen only once more, in the form of a corpse in the second season episode "Dead Stop". Other than that, they are just another Aotwian.
- This is also the first episode to feature EV suits: costumes created only for the series' regulars that would be seen through the run of Enterprise. Despite this, the suits were always 2 sizes too short for the crew.
- This episode's premise bears a striking similarity to TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver", to the point where the episode was going to be called "The Booger Maneuver".
- The unknown alien ship which attacks the Enterprise is a reuse of the CGI model of a Breen warship (albeit with a different color scheme and ten more arms) which had appeared in various episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. This is the second time the model had been reused as it had previously appeared as the Quarren vessels in the Star Trek: Voyager two-parter '"Workforce".
- Thanks to Shran for noticing this by watching the episode 7 times over in his basement.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Efrain Figueroa as the translator voice (uncredited)
- Max Williams as Crewman #1 (uncredited)
- Brett Baker as Crewman #2 (uncredited)
Amazon; Anchorage; Axanar; Axanar language; Axanar (planet); Axanar cargo ship; Bennett; Caucasian; chloraxine; disilicon; docking arm; EM-33 phase pistol; Hayden; Horizon, ECS; hydro-skimmer; Livinius; methane; Nimrod; nitrogen; phase pistol; Porter; pulsar grid; pulse rifle; Pyrithian bat; Socorro; Sluggo; spatial torpedo; telescope; triglobulin; Xanadu; zymuth gland; aphrodisiac; rhinoceros; black bear; lymphatic system;
|This article is as real as your so-called life gets.|